Ovitas Hungary, a company dealing with management of documents and of structured information, has a close partnership with Ovitas North America. For the American projects we are looking for an experienced and motivated tester. The place of work is Budapest.
The successful applicant will use and test software products to aid a team of programmers in locating and eliminating software bugs. Performing specific tests, the tester examines all aspects of a product from an end-user’s perspective.
A software tester participates in an initial consultation with an internal or external client, for the purpose of understanding the scope of a project. The tester actively uses the software to be tested, using every function and tool, examining performance, reliability, bugs and any other failures. Detailed logs are recorded and monitored to track the progress and outcomes of the testing process. The tester will report their progress and results verbally or in writing to the manager or the client in English.
Experience / Requirements
Your role within the team will be to engage in all steps of the software development cycle:
- Test, troubleshoot and critique software components and interfaces in technical depth
- Provide efficient reports on team progress and own assignments
- Work with developers for immediate testing (pair-wise, buddy test etc.)
- Understand customer requirements
The ideal candidate
- should have a minimum of 1 year experience as a software tester
- required skills
- attention to detail
- accuracy of the information influenced the outcome of the case
- methodical and systematic thinking
- fluent English