Ovitas has built a dynamic knowledge base management system based on international standards and recommendations of the W3C (XML, Topic Maps, RDF, OWL). It stores information units in a properly designed relational database and can handle the change over time and context.
What are the key features of the system?
Development of knowledge model: the rules of knowledge – knowledge model – guarantees that information from various sources and editors will form a consistent unit.
Data import and export: the software supports the internationally accepted standard, XML Topic Map, which ensures the portability of information and the device independence.
Access control: for users, access to information and to editing functions can be set.
Editing the knowledge base: the software is an effective surface for the editorial work of the knowledge base update.
Graphical and text representation of knowledge base: concepts, topics and relationships are displayed to suit users’ needs and needs of the application field.
Search for information: simple and complex search of the various elements of knowledge model, filtering, refinement of the search result
Navigation on the knowledge: to get the wanted data you can browse through the links between the topics, while discovering new knowledge and associations.
Management of independent knowledge bases: firms greater or operating in different areas can apply several, independent knowledge bases.
Ovitas Knowledge Manager system is scalable, modular and open, so it can successfully applied to any area where it is needed to:
- systematize the knowledge for experienced and less experienced users for quick reach of information
- store and represent relationships between information
- handle dependence on time, place or other parameters
- integrate with other systems, to provide easy, consistent access to the knowledge embedded in different systems without disrupting the systems
Potential areas of application:
- building corporate knowledge bases, information systems
- management of cultural contents
- legal, tourism, technical or any other area
- education ,creating educational materials